Monday, May 28, 2012

Birthdays of horror legends

I have been so wrapped up in work and school lately, I completely forgot about the anniversaries of Peter Cushing's birthday (May 26th) and Vincent Price's birthday (May 27th), along with Christopher Lee's 90th birthday (May 27th). Mrs. Kaiju and I hold these gentlemen in very high regard as masters of the horror genre, with legacies that extend throughout film making, popular culture and gaming.

I have posted tributes to them here in the past on these occasions. The video below is a clip that was added to the end of part 2 of Flesh and Blood: The Hammer Heritage of Horror when it aired on BBC1.

2 comments:

Jack Tyler said...

Good morning, my friend. I recently found your blog, and have found it intriguing and entertaining. To that end, I have listed your fine site as my Featured Site of the Week at www.jackshideout.com. The writing style is my own, but I'll be glad to correct any factual errors.

Keep up the good work!

- Jack

Victor Von Dave said...

Great video, I've never seen that before.
I had no idea that Christopher Lee was 90, holy crap! And he's still got that powerful, magnetic gaze. Can't wait to see him in The Hobbit.
Maybe it's all that fake blood he drank in his youth...