Sunday, September 11, 2005

I love the smell of resin in the afternoon

I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home on Wednesday. There was a medium-size cardboard box sitting on the porch. When I picked it up, I knew what it was before I read the label – the odor of the polyurethane resin went right through the box and tape.

As you may already know, Armorcast stopped selling its line of Terraform scenery pieces and most of their original vehicles on June 30th of this year so they can concentrate on the Battletech and Warzone items. I’ve really admired their work since they started and I’m sad to see these things go. I wanted some of the more unique pieces that aren’t available elsewhere so I called in an order on the last day. Because there was a backlog of orders (obviously), the order wouldn’t ship out until mid-September. I didn’t think about it at all until the big box of resin arrived this week.

As an alternative source for interesting terrain, I’d suggest Hirst Arts, Ainsty, and Monolith. Another avenue to consider is aquarium scenery. Petsmart and Petco have had great items that are pre-painted and cheap.

No comments: